Steam Motion and Sound is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Phone: +44 207 734 9530
Mail: 5 D’Arblay Street London, W1F 8DL UK
Collecting personal information
6. Steam Motion and Sound will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
7. When a product is purchased or through marketing / promotional activities (eg via this website, in a store, over the telephone etc.), personal information may be requested (such as name, phone, email, address and credit card details) in order to process your transaction, provide product information, provide newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), provide new release / launch information, and advise of other Steam products, competitions or events, which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Steam being unable to process your transaction, provide you with upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or provide certain services including after sales services.
8. In common with many commercial websites we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our website. For example,we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where the website is accessed via links in an email we have sent.
9. Steam’s policy for collecting personal information from children under the age of 18 is to seek the permission of a parent or guardian for the collection of this information.
Using and disclosing your personal information
11. Personal information will be used for the following primary purpose:
o a. For the purposes for which it was collected (as advised on the website or separately by Steam).
o b. To maintain our relationship with an individual.
o c. To fulfill obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between the individual and Steam (including, for example, using your credit card details to charge your credit card for a purchase).
o d. To render services related to Steam business such as after sales services.
o e. To provide information about products, new book releases, events, special offers, competitions and promotions.
o f. To provide you with newsletters and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters).
o g. To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services.
o h. To record statistical data for marketing analysis.
12. For the purpose described above, personal information may be shared with Steam group companies. Also, in order to operate the website, deliver a service or complete a transaction, personal information may also be shared with a service provider or other non-Steam company or professional.
13. Steam recognises the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of Steam, any Steam group company, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Contact by Steam
14. Steam may contact individuals via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact individuals in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
15. Steam does not send advertising or marketing information without obtaining prior consent. If an individual receives communications from Steam which they do not wish to receive, they may remove their name from the database either by contacting Steam via email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; telephone: +44 207 734 9530; or mail: Steam Motion and Sound 5 D’Arblay Street London, W1F 8DL UK. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed
Individual’s right of access
16. Information contained on the database may be amended by contacting Steam via email: email@example.com ; telephone: +44 207 734 9530; or mail: Steam Motion and Sound 5 D’Arblay Street London, W1F 8DL UK. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
17. In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Steam being unable to provide you with upcoming promotion, competition, event or product information and/or provide certain services including completion of transactions or after sales services.
Storage and security of personal information
18. Steam will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
19. In some cases these facilities may be overseas. Steam employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Steam. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Steam will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Steam and links to other websites
20. The Steam website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Steam is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the Steam web site.
Problems or queries